Afro-Ton Ocean Drum | Ø 40cm
The ocean drum is a percussion instrument that can produce soothing sounds which sound just like the ocean. The ocean drum is held by the frame, with the heads horizontal, and played by rolling the wrists so the drum gently tilts in all directions. The metal beads inside roll over the bottom head like water rolling over the shore. Different speeds produce different sounds. Stopping and starting suddenly creates crashing wave sounds. You could also use it as a handheld drum or a shaker.
- Wooden frame drum with steel shot filling
- Goatskin covering on both sides
- Sound creations: the sound of waves, ebb and flow, lightning strikes and storms
- Can also be played as a frame drum by hand or with a soft mallet
- Popular effect and therapy instrument