Gibson Flying V 50th Anniversary | 2008 | Guitar of the year | 1of1000
This Flying V flew over the Majestic views of the Zurrieq Valley, known as "Wied iż-Żurrieq" in Malta. 1 of 1000 ever made this one is number 146!
First released in 1958, the Flying V redefined what an electric guitar could be. Gibsons’ radical V has been honored 50 years later with this limited edition Brimstone Burst 50s anniversary Flying V! With a nice mix of vintage appointments like ’57 Classic PAF style pickups and Art Deco style headstock logo, and modern features like a chamfered body edge for more comfortable feel you get a very unique and playable Gibson Flying V!
This Gibson comes in its original hard-shell case and is in a beautiful pre-loved condition, it has just been professionally setup and restrung with a set of Daddario XT 10s. The guitar belonged to a professional guitarist who loved Vs. It was played but well taken care of. The Fretboard seemed to have expanded a little and cracked the paint on the side of the neck, something which is common with Gibsons. this can be seen in the images. This does not change the playability of the instrument. The truss rod is fully functional and the neck is straight. Frets are in great condition, with over 90% life left in them. The guitar has been in a smoking environment in its past, reason why parts of the binding yellowed out!
Cosmetics: This guitar is in used condition with just a bit of normal players wear. There are some light pick scratchings on the front and some really shallow buckle creases on the back but no major scratches or dents. There is only one ding which is visible on one of the Vs edges. The Case is slightly stained with cigarette tar and one of the V edges in the case is slightly bent in.
Overall this guitar is in great shape with no breaks, cracks, or major cosmetic blemishes.
Our in house luthier has just inspected, set up and restrung this guitar with a new set of 10s and it is playing beautifully with low action and a straight neck. The frets are in great shape with no grooves or divots.
Case: This V comes with the original “Guitar of the Year 2008” hard-shell case and we will ship it professionally packed and fully insured! Get in touch for an actual shipping quote.
- Body: Flying V shape
- Top: AA flame maple
- Anniversary Perk designs: Comfortable chambered edges
- Finish: Deep Brimstone Burst finish.
- Neck Profile: Hybrid between Gibson’s standard ’50s rounded contour and the ’60s slim-taper profile.
- Neck Scale Length: Scale length is 24 ¾” with
- Fretboard and Frets: Gold Fretwired 22-fret bound ebony fingerboard
- Inlays: Pearl split-block inlays.
- Nut: Width is 1 11/16”.
- Headstock: V shaped headstock and Art Deco headstock logo with red “V” inlay.
- Pickups: ’57 Classic pickup in the neck and ’57 Classic Plus in the bridge position,
- Electronics: 3-way toggle, volume, tone,
- Machine Heads: Steinberger Gearless Tuners,
- Hardware: Gold hardware,
- Bridge: Nashville style tune-o-matic bridge and stop-bar tailpiece.
- Truss Rod: Gold 50th engraved truss rod cover.