Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass | 2011
DANG MAN! That's one hot looking bass ready for some serious slappin'. Super low action making it one of the most amazing bass guitars we had here with us at our Sun-Sounds Music shop in Sliema. The bass is in fantastic condition, with some slight marks of use around (nothing too noticible worth mentioning) Now almost a 10 year old instrument, this one is packing some super low end tones readily waiting for you to groove with. It comes along with the original hard case which has a corner cracked and two non clipping clippers (out of the 4), however, the case does its job perfectly fine.
Fender's American Deluxe Jazz Bass delivers the modern features that bassists demand in a sleekly familiar design. A powerful preamp circuit delivers deeply exhilarating active and passive tone, and powerful-yet-quiet N3 noiseless pickups present more clean headroom and EQ range than ever. Other features include active/passive switch and passive tone control for even more tonal options, and classic Jazz Bass block fretboard inlays and binding. This version of the Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass features a maple fretboard for slightly brighter sound and faster action.
This funky, retro jazz bass was introduced in 2010 as the new state-of-the-art series of Fender. This has been superceded by the American Elite series.
The American Deluxe Jazz Bass launched in 1998 as an upgraded J Bass. The American Deluxe included higher-end electronics including active EQ and Noiseless pickups.
Years of Production: 1998 - present
Notable J-bass Players: John Entwistle, Noel Redding, Rick Danko, Marcus Miller, Geddy Lee
- Body: Ash
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black or White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods: Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Body Style: Double cutaway solidbody
- Wood Composition: Alder body, Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard
- Design Elements: Active electronics, black pickguard, 34-inch scale length, block inlays
- Hard Case included (one corner is slightly cracked and two of the locks don't clip, the case however works perfectly fine)