Greco Super Power CUSTOM | EG 500 | 1981
In the early 70’s, GRECO asked Mr. Hidesato Shiino (formally worked for Yamaha and consulted ELK, Guyatone, Fernandes, Kasuga and others) as a consultant. He contacted his friend Mr. Shigeru Narumo, a very popular Japanese guitarist. They advised GRECO to develop a better guitar than the Les Paul model at a more affordable price and to scale the neck down to be more suitable for the smaller Japanese hand. Mr. Shiino conducted the factory side and made the new custom EG.
Here we have a 1981 Greco Super Power (Les Paul Copy). This was the time when Greco had really upped their quality game; their builds were fantastic and they were arguably were making some of the best sounding and playing "Les Paul's" (Gibson or not) in the world. The quality of these Japanese built guitars are known the world over. Very good condition all the way around, with the exception of some light scratches visible in bright light and the tip of the switch is broken although switch works perfectly fine.
Weighs in at 8.8 pounds.
- Finish: Original black
- Body Material: Mahogany Body
- Body Details: Three piece mahogany body.
- Neck Material: Mahogany Neck
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood Fingerboard
- Neck Profile: Medium C-Shape
- Neck Details: One piece mahogany neck with a rosewood board, center dot inlays, and truss adjustment at the headstock.
- Electronics: Two humbucker pickups with a 3-way pickup selector toggle switch, volume controls per pickup and a master tone control.
- Hardware: Original
- Cosmetic Condition: This guitar shows little play wear throughout. Few and minor scuffs can be seen in various areas under the direct light.