HIWATT HI-GAIN 50
We do love sounds, here is another legendary brand for the guitar sounds that we love so much. This combo is slightly used. Founded in 1963 by Sound City engineer Dave Reeves, Hiwatt was one of the seminal British amp companies of the 60s and '70s. The '80s and '90s saw the company defunct until it was galvanized in the early 2000s by a new trademark owner.
The HI-GAIN 50 Basic guitar amplifier head uses the same clean channel circuitry of Hiwatt's coveted Custom Range Amplifiers, and add a contemporary overdrive circuit. The power amp section features EL34 tubes while the pre-amp features 12AX7 to dial in smooth overdrive up to all-out distortion with classic Hiwatt presence and richness.
The HI-GAIN 50C features push-pull switches for normal and bright settings, optional footswitch input for control of channel and 4 speaker outputs rated from 4 to 16 ohms supporting various configurations of Hiwatt's Fane or Celestion loaded 4x12 or 2x12 speaker cabinets.
All the corresponding sockets for send/return, reverb, speakers, and the footswitch are to be found at the back of the amp. The 50w Hi-Gain head in Combo from loaded with 2x12”specially designed Hiwatt drivers. All the versatility in a solid, luggable combo, and room enough in the rear compartment to carry the footswitch.
- Dimensions: 28kg, 680 - 274 - 530 (W x D x H) mm
- 50 watts
- Dual channel: normal and bright
- Adjustable 4, 8 & 16 ohm output impedance
- Low and High sensitivity inputs
- Individual channel volume
- 3-band EQ
- Hand wound
- Front Panel Controls: MAINS SWITCH, STANBY SWITCH, MASTER VOLUME, REVERB, CH2 LEVEL, PRESENCE, TREBLE, MIDDLE (PULL TONE SHIFT), BASS, CH2 GAIN (PULL GAIN), CH1/CH2 SWITCH, CH1 VOLUME (PULL BRIGHT), INSTRUMENT INPUT
- Back Panel Features: EFFECTS LOOP SEND & RETURN, FOOTSWITCHES: CH1/2 HI GAIN, SPEAKER OUTPUT: MAIN, EXTENSION, SELECT IMPEDENCE 4/8/16 OM
- Valves: 2 x EL34’s, 4 x ECC83/12AX7’s