Plexi Hot-Rod | TECH 21 Distortion pedal
The Hot-Rod Plexi pedal is in a very good condition and it's inspired by vintage amps of the same nickname. While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, this pedal can painlessly transform your existing amp without pulling a muscle or mandatory rig cranking. With the Hot-Rod Plexi, you can completely change the personality of a clean amp or use it as an instant mod to a dirty amp.
In Stock mode, it’s as if you have the signal path from the input jack to the speaker jack (without the speaker emulation) of a stock ‘68 Plexi. Hot engages an extra “12AX7” pre-amp gain stage. With its own level control, Hot can kick in up to 28dB of pre-amp boost --a pretty insane amount of gain.
- Portions of our SansAmp technology have been incorporated into the Hot-Rod Plexi to generate organic tube amp distortion characteristics
- Tone is a very musical, specialized low pass filter that cuts the high end without losing mids or getting muddy
- Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
- Punch is a wide-band mid-range EQ that gradually changes its bandwidth with the amount of cut or boost.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuator
- 100% analog circuitry
- Actual size: 3.75" x 4.75" x 2.0"
- Weight: 12 oz.
- MADE IN USA