Yamaha Revstar RS620
Here we have a used Yamaha Revstar RS 620 with Vintage Vibe and Modern Tone in mint condition!
Inspired by the 1974 Yamaha Super Flighter guitar, the RS620 solidbody electric guitar combines distinctive looks with cutting tone. The mahogany body and flame maple top are contoured for gigging comfort, while the medium neck profile and jumbo frets deliver smooth, precise playability. A pair of Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups serves up a wide tonal range, further enhanced by the push-pull Dry switch that enables single-coil-like tones. With excellent craftsmanship, distinguished tone, and great playability, the Yamaha RS620 is an outstanding guitar in its class.
Yamaha RS620 Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Yamaha VH5 humbucking pickups for articulate, powerful, well-balanced tone
- Add snap and presence with a push-pull Dry switch
- Copious sustain from set-neck construction
- Revstar series guitars are packed with personality
Yamaha spent a lot of time fine-tuning the pickups in the Revstar series - they tested over 50 prototypes before settling on the perfect combination of wire, windings, magnets, and baseplates for each guitar model in the series. The VH5 humbuckers in the RS620 employ Alnico V magnets, a silver baseplate, and heavy formvar wire. This gives the RS620 a bright and powerful sound that blends the richness and character of vintage electronics with the intensity and clarity of modern electronics.
Yamaha's innovative Dry switch on the RS620 gives you the tone-shaping capabilities of a coil tap circuit, while maintaining the noise-free operation of your humbuckers. The push-pull Dry switch is actually a passive filter that cuts out low frequencies, giving your tone even more clarity and punch to cut through the mix. You'll achieve the same enhanced snap and twang that you'd expect from a single-coil pickup, without introducing any noise into your signal chain.
The mahogany neck on the Yamaha RS620 is set directly into the mahogany body. Guitarists at Sweetwater like the set-neck design because it maximizes vibrational transfer throughout the guitar for impressive sustain and helps enhance note definition too. Clean tones ring out like a bell, while overdriven tones can sustain for days.
Inspired by the bold styling of London and Tokyo's vintage street-racing motorbikes, Yamaha's Revstar series of electric guitars features dramatic curves, character-packed custom-wound pickups, and delightfully muscular tone. Each model in the Revstar lineup is full of its own distinct personality. These instruments exude a distinctiveness as unique as the guitarists who play them.
- Vintage-inspired guitar with comfortable rear body and front arm contours
- Set-in neck construction enhances sustain and note definition
- VH5 humbucking pickups deliver bright, powerful tone that can be easily shaped for a variety of styles
- Push-pull Dry switch cuts low frequencies for more clarity and definition
- Smooth playability thanks to jumbo frets and a medium neck profile
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: RevStar
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Flamed maple top
- Color: Burnt Charcoal
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Medium
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: SF inlays
- Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Resin
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Adjustable wraparound bridge
- Tuners: Diecast tuners
- Neck Pickup: Alnico 5 YGD humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico 5 YGD humbucker
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x tone (push-pull Dry switch EQ engage), 3-way pickup selector
- Country: Indonesia