Yamaha RS 820
Here we have a BARELY used Yamaha RS820CR solidbody electric guitar! Guitar takes its inspiration from the cafe racer motorcycles found tearing up the streets of London in the 1960s. Like those bikes, the RS820CR is engineered to give you optimum performance with nothing extra to slow you down.
The mahogany/maple construction delivers a tone that is very familiar and beloved among guitarists. The Yamaha-designed humbucking pickups feature a dry switch for single-coil type tones without the single-coil hum. And the RS820CR's contoured body is comfortable to hold with easy access to all of the frets.
The tones of the RS820CR are just what you'd expect from a maple/mahogany guitar with dual humbuckers. The Alnico pickups onboard the guitar are designed by Yamaha's YGD department to perfectly complement the instrument's natural character.
The only surprise waiting under the hood is a push-pull tone knob that activates the RS820CR's Dry switch. This control engages a passive EQ circuit to emulate single-coil tones while retaining the noiseless performance of humbuckers. The 2-knob layout couldn't be any easier to manipulate.
- Solidbody electric stripped down for optimum performance
- Inspired by cafe racer motorcycles
- Familiar maple/mahogany/rosewood construction
- Comfortable neck heel with great fret access
- 2 Yamaha designed humbucking pickups
- Push-pull Dry switch offers noiseless single-coil tone
- Stable TonePros AVT-II bridge
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: RevStar
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Maple
- Color: Rusty Rat
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Resin
- Bridge/Tailpiece: TonePros AVT-II bridge
- Tuners: Diecast tuners
- Neck Pickup: VH5 Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: VH5 Alnico V Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 3-way pickup switch